The California Cannabis Hemp & Health Initiative wants to be on the ballot in 2014. In California, if we gather enough signatures we can put an initiative on the ballot for popular vote. In fact, that’s how Proposition 215 got passed in 1996… ah what a proud day for a Californian voter!
The California Cannabis Hemp & Health Initiative 2014 needs your help obtaining over 500 thousand signatures this summer and will be looking for volunteers to help. If you have time to help, they are looking to start gathering signatures in mid-May 2013.
California Cannabis Hemp & Health Initiative 2014
At this point the full text of the initiative has not been finalized. The full text of CCHI 2012 (which never made the ballot) is displayed on their site. According to CCHI 2014, the CCHI 2012 text will be the starting point and is “open again for debate with the CCHI team“. The current text of CCHI 2012 intends to:
- Decriminalize marijuana and hemp use, possession, cultivation, transportation, or distribution
- Prohibit the state for aiding or assisting in the enforcement of federal marijuana laws
- Provide that anyone currently arrested or serving time for non-violent marijuana offenses shall be immediately released from prison, jail, parole or probation
- Provide that arrest records and convictions for non-violent marijuana offenses would be erased
- Authorize the California State Legislature to adopt laws to license and tax commercial marijuana sales
- Allow doctors to approve or recommend marijuana to patients, regardless of age
- Place limits on the ability of employers and insurers to test for marijuana
Message from the California Cannabis Hemp & Health Initiative 2014
California, the largest political unit in the USA and eighth largest global economy, can show the way to the future by re-legalizing the ultimate sustainable domestic resource.
The California Cannabis Hemp Initiative 2014 would create millions of jobs with a new, truly green economy with a valuation in the trillions of dollars.
This vital natural resource Cannabis Hemp, which was made illegal under a false propaganda campaign in 1937, can provide multitudes of non-toxic products, perhaps most importantly bio based oil/energy/plastics without the tragic loss of life, security concerns and wars due to foreign dependence, or catastrophic toxic ocean spills.
This is the ultimate renewable resource, way more efficient than corn or anything else.
It can also provide building materials, insulation and even paints/varnishes that are green, biodegradable, and non-toxic.
Its seeds can provide a super-food balanced in all amino acids and providing omega 6 and 3 in the perfect 3-1 ratio.
It is so resilient and easy to grow that it still grows feral in all 50 states and improves soil as it grows.
The petrochemical industry has had a good run- they’ve made their billions and have us on the edge of a dangerous cliff. They did it all by making a simple plant illegal for pure greed and profit for a mere 75 years.
Won’t you help us start to right the wrongs of Hemp prohibition? Won’t you help us end this lunacy once and for all? Enough is enough.
Our initiative is simple- make Cannabis Hemp 100% legal the way it used to be- and save our economy and our environment.
CCHI 2014 Team